WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
When you make a booking:
ResDiary collects information such as:
- e-mail address
- home or work address
- billing information taken for deposits, ticketing or holding credit card information for use in the case of no-shows (where applicable)
- telephone number
- company name
- special requests
- marketing preferences (whether you opt-in or opt-out)
- marketing responses (where applicable)
- survey responses (where applicable)
When you make a booking, we do not proactively collect personal information considered as sensitive personal information such as health-related information. However, our Sites include text boxes which are designed for you to provide information you wish on dining preferences.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail.
- process reservations
- notify you of your restaurant reservations
- buy gift vouchers
- pay deposits
- process purchases
- send you information relating to our products and services, including reservation confirmations and updates, receipts, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- send notifications by email or SMS via ResDiary systems are to confirm your booking details and to send a survey out after dining.
Payment Card Information
To use certain services on our Sites and Applications we may require credit or debit card account information in order to:
- make reservations
- make payments
- pay a deposit to certain restaurants
- pre-order at certain restaurants and to purchase gift vouchers.
- book a room
By submitting your credit or debit card account information through our Sites, to the extent permitted by applicable law, you expressly consent to the sharing of your information with restaurants, third-party payment processors (e.g Stripe), and other third-party service providers, and you further agree to the following terms.
When you use a credit or debit card to secure a reservation through our Sites, we provide your credit or debit card account information (including card number and expiration date, but excluding the CVV number) to our third-party payment service providers and the applicable restaurant.
- When you initially provide your credit or debit card account information through our Sites in order to use our restaurant payment services, we provide your credit or debit card account information to our third-party payment service providers. As explained in the ResDiary Terms and Conditions, these third parties may store your credit or debit card account information so you can use our restaurant payment services through our Sites in the future to the extent permitted by local law.
- For information about the security of your credit or debit card account see further information on Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information.
YOUR DATA SECURITY
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways: whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Kinmel Arms , The Village, St George, Abergele LL22 9BP.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT THIS WEBSITE COLLECTS & WHY WE COLLECT IT
This website collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
TRACKING SITE VISITS
Like most websites, this site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
Although GA records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. GA also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you, but Google do not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third-party data processor.
Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop Goggle Analytics from tracking any part of your visit to pages within this website.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
CONTACT FORMS AND EMAIL LINKS
Should you choose to contact us using the contact form on our contact us page or an email link, none of the data that you supply will be stored by this website or passed to / be processed by any third party data processor.
Instead the data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by TLS (sometimes known as SSL) meaning that the email content is encrypted using SHA-2, 256-bit cryptography before being sent across the internet. The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices.
We also hold details on our computers relating to the information you provide us with on our contact forms or email links. We do this in order to reply to your enquiry.
If you do not want us to keep any of your details on file please advise us.
We do not exchange, sell, rent or give away your email address or any other details to other companies.
If you are signed up to our email newsletter, your email address is forwarded to MailChimp who provide us with email marketing services. We consider MailChimp to be a third party data processor. The email address that you submit will not be stored within this website’s own database or in any of our internal computer systems.
Your email address will remain within MailChimp’s database for as long as we continue to use MailChimp’s services for email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters that we send you or by requesting removal via email. When requesting removal via email, please tell us the email address that is subscribed to the mailing list.
If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before joining our email newsletter.
While your email address remains within the MailChimp database, you will receive periodic (approximately 8 times a year) newsletter-style emails from us.
THIRD PARTY DATA PROCESSORS
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen . Both of these third parties are based in the USA and are EU-U.S Privacy Shield compliant.
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
The data controller of this website is: The Kinmel Arms
Please use our contact page to ask us anything else about our data protection systems.